As I continue to revisit some of my older Literotica works, and prepare them for eBook publishing, I'm struck by how much my writing as changed in the last 15 years. I'm almost ashamed to read some of my early work.
I've spent dozens of hours working on my Convenience Vs. Need series, which I'm rebranding at The House That Lust Built. Every one of the 29 chapters that have been posted have required extensive editing. The earliest where some of the worst. Fortunately, as I move further forward in time, they take less effort to make readable.
Nature's Miracle, a story written for a Literotica contest, is the opposite. Getting it ready to publish as a two book mini-series started out easy. The writing was about as good as it gets for me. Then as I worked my way further into the story, I found the point where I made a mad dash to finish the story for the contest, writing the last quarter of the book on the last day with minimal edits.
Boy, does it show.
All of a sudden, I went from one or two minor issues every couple of pages, to dozens of major problems. Misspellings, bad grammar, wrong names, all kinds of stuff. Yikes!
The ending was obviously rushed, with a huge gap occurring before the extended epilogue.
I'm in the middle of rewriting the ending, putting a nice bridge in between the opening months and the five years later epilogue. I like where it's going and hope the readers will as well.
I expect the new title, A Matter of Taste, to be available in about a week.